The Company is continuing to review the Clinical Policy Bulletin related to Acthar from Aetna Inc. ("Aetna"). Currently, the Company does not believe that the bulletin represents a material change in insurance coverage for Acthar by Aetna. During 2012, Aetna has accounted for approximately 5% of the Company's shipped prescriptions for Acthar. Based on its current assessment of the Clinical Policy Bulletin, the Company does not believe that the bulletin will have a material impact on the Company's results of operations.
Note: Except for the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements that have been made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements relate to future events or our future financial performance. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "believes," "continue," "could," "estimates," "expects," "growth," "may," "plans," "potential," "should," "substantial" or "will" or the negative of such terms and other comparable terminology. These statements are only predictions. Actual events or results may differ materially. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Our reliance on Acthar for substantially all of our net sales and profits;
• Our ability to continue to generate revenue from sales of Acthar to treat on-label indications associated with NS, and our ability to develop other therapeutic uses for Acthar;
• Our ability to receive high reimbursement levels from third party payers;
• An increase in the proportion of our Acthar unit sales comprised of
• Other risks discussed in Questcor's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended
The risk factors and other information contained in these documents should be considered in evaluating Questcor's prospects and future financial performance.
Questcor undertakes no obligation to publicly release the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements, which may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.
News Provided by Acquire Media